Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

loriscangini
Administrator
The game files are packed in linkdata files (mainly linkdata.A), to unpack them you have to use quickBMS with a script: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10025.
After that the 3d models will be extraced in DATA\PS3\Action\model and the textures in DATA\PS3\Action\texture, the 3d models are all these .bin files, and the textures are the .g1t ones.
To open the 3d models you have to use Blender 2.49b and the script you'll find here: https://mega.co.nz/#!osMSCbzD!ippTbekUy1hWBg-hofHw0YuFjGHgPVjONh1h-lz2yz0.
I suggest to copy the model and texture folders in the same location of the Blender script, the important thing is to mantain the 2 folder separated (don't merge them!).

Another thing, the full path to the model folder can't contain the word "model", that's because the script will replace "model" with "texture" to find the path to the textures!
For example I have my files here: F:\Kens_Rage_2_data\DATA\model, and all works perfectly because the textures are found in F:\Kens_Rage_2_data\DATA\texture.
If the path had been: F:\Kens_Rage_2_model\DATA\model, the script would search for the textures in F:\Kens_Rage_2_texture\DATA\texture and it won't find them!

Now, if everything worked as it should, after having loaded a model in Blender, a new folder with the unpacked textures is created inside the texture one.

Re: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

charley222
all the tutorial look too work , after from blender what type of file i chose to extract and save everything ? .fbx .3ds ?
[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2ltkgw8.png[/IMG]
 because now
 the time i`m loading 3dmax  only the model load ?   what i need to do for the  texture load ,
[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2lmqq8h.png[/IMG]

btw after the model are done i will be happy  to share everything :)  thank you

Re: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

loriscangini
Administrator
I suggest to export to .fbx to mantain the skeleton, but if you aren't intrested in it I'd use .obj.

There's isn't any way to import all the materials set up correctly, you have to create and assign them using 3d Studio Max, open the  Material Editor (pressing 'M'), select the images you want to use and assign it to the objects.
If you don't know how to do search for the official autodesk guides, they explain everything better than I could do!

Re: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

charley222
what to do the time you get this    ?

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/1217ps0.jpg[/IMG]

here the texture dont fit perfectly

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/29igls.png[/IMG]

 after this problem fix
 i feel i`m a most done :)

Re: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

loriscangini
Administrator
Regarding the first problem, it happens because some parts can't be extracted, they use a different format and there isn't any way to extract them for now.
In these cases delete the deformed meshes and, if you want, you can manually create the missing parts.

Regarding the texture problem, the only thing I can think is that there is another texture to be used with some meshes

Re: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

Ken982
Hi,

I am trying to extract the models but I am stuck on the very first step.

I downloaded the script and it has a Blender and them moved the models and the texture like this

http://i.imgur.com/wzM3SVF.png?1

How do I import the model to blender, I mean as what cause .FBX .OBj and all the others can not read them. what am I missing?

Thanks

Re: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

Ken982

If you extract any model I can help you in porting them to Xnalara if you like

Thanks

The folder looks ok to me, run the .blend file with Blender 2.49b, execute the script you'll find and load a file inside the model folder.
The textures will be automatically exctracted in the texture folder

Re: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

Ken982
Sorry please baby steps with me :)

I opened the blender file

this one
http://i.imgur.com/g4aDkkZ.png?1

now how to execute the script and load the file

Sorry please be patient with me I am slow with this part

Administrator
If you open the Blend file the script should be loaded on the left if I remember correctly, right click on the script editor part and select execute

Re: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

Ken982
I did and i got this message

http://i.imgur.com/wOaf058.png

wow, strange, make sure you haven't mistakenly deleted a parenthesis.
You are using Blender 2.49b, right?

Re: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

Ken982
No I opened it accidentally every time with Blend2.7 but now I opened it with the right Blend

now I get this screen

http://i.imgur.com/oENVv4j.png

How do I run the script and load the model

Sorry but please be patient with me

Re: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

loriscangini
Administrator
Thing seems to have gone well until that screenshot! Now do what I said in the previous message, right click on the script and select execute.

Don't worry about asking things, I know it isn't simple!

Re: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

Ken982
I keep getting this message

http://i.imgur.com/8xUz5q6.png?1

There is something missing

Re: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

loriscangini
Administrator
And the console, what it says?

Re: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

Ken982

Administrator
there's a problem with the lib the script needs, try to copy the newGameLib folder into Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\

Re: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

Ken982
I copied the file as you see in the pic but I still get the error message as you see in the console

http://i.imgur.com/t790OPg.png
red

Re: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

red
excuse me, but no one extracts more models of Ken's Rage ?? :(