1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle

loriscangini
Administrator
Game files are packed in .cpk files similar to the ones used in the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series.
I used this tool to unpack them: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9jjiollu87jidh6/CriPakTools-master.rar

To use the tool, download and unpack where you prefer, after that copy the game's data.cpk in the same folder as the tool (it should be called "CriPakTools-master")  and launch 1-EXTRACT_ALL(no_decompression).bat
Wait till it closes and launch 2-Decompress.bat
Now you should have a new folder called data where you can find all sort of thing from the game in .xfbin format, another time the same format as the Naruto games!
These .xfbin files are a bit different from the Naruto ones, and you have to work a little more to view them correctly!
What differs between the 2 .xfbin formats is the header of the files, what we are going to do is to delete the original header and paste a "working" one from a Naruto file.
To do the following step you need an Hex Editor, I like HxD, but you can use the one you prefer.
Open your editor and load the Jojo's .xfbin you want to open, select the firsts hex values as you can see in the image (usually until you find the B8 value):

and replace these values with these ones: 4E 55 43 43 00 00 00 79 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0B

Now save your file and you've done! Now you should be able to open the new .xfbin with Noesis.

N.B.
Not all the .xfbin files are 3d models and so, not all of them can be opened, what I've figured since now is that files that ends with *bod1.out.xfbin are 3d models of characters, *col1.out.xfbin, *col2.out.xfbin, *col3.out.xfbin are diffuse textures for characters, *acc1.out.xfbin are accessories of the characters and *eff.out.xfbin are special effects of characters.
Also, if there's a *.xfbin and a *.out.xfbin with the same name, the 2nd one is the decompressed version of the 1st one, so try to open the *.out.xfbin, or you'll obtain only an error!
A few others can be opened with Noesis, so if you try to open another .xfbin and you receive and error it's normal!