classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Texture bug

Abdo
Hello here, I am very amazed by your work but I have been having a problem with the models. When I import a model in 3ds max or blender, the model's texture looks perfect in viewport but the problem is that when I unwrap it, the wrapping is all messed up. Than when I try to fix the unwrapping it just doesn't became as perfect as it was before the unwrapping. Here is a few examples:

Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Texture bug

loriscangini
Administrator
I can say that the Naruto ones aren't messed up, the "problem" is that the eyes uses a different texture, so they must have different UV maps from the rest of the model.
Regarding Samehada, I don't know, are you sure that they aren't correct?
Reply | Threaded
|  

Abdo
For samehada, if you take the picture's url and look at the full picture on a different tab, you will see that the uv mapping is misplaced. It looks good in viewport but the uvmap is messed up. regarding the naruto one, i know that it uses different textures but the problem is that if you even just select the eyes, the uv map is messed up. So i am not really sure...
Reply | Threaded
|  

loriscangini
Administrator
If I remember correctly, the problem with samehada is that the correct maps aren't extracted properly, I had to edit the UV maps manually.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Abdo
So i am guessing there is no way to make it perfect, is there?
Reply | Threaded
|  

loriscangini
Administrator
You have to edit the UV maps