Translation of pose

Abdo
Hello there again, i have been having much trouble changing the pose of the arms for the fourth tail Son goku. As you know, his arms stick out at his front but what i need it to be is to stick out from his sides like the t shaped pose. However, a little diagnally shapped. Here is an example of what i need to do, also this time i am using blender:
intended translation
However, everytime i try to change the arm's position, the shoulder gets messed up and when i try to move indivisual vertices, i just turn out with a worse job. I have been trying to move the shoulder without making the vertices that it is attached to witht eh main body move around as i have made the arm and body different meshes. Here is what i mean:
place of intersection of shoulder and main body
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Re: Translation of pose

loriscangini
Administrator
If I correctly understood, to do these kind of things it's better to attach bones to the parts you want to move and work on the poses with them

Re: Translation of pose

Abdo
I see but i really don't want to move the bones themselves as they are placed in a fixed position which i don't want to move.

Re: Translation of pose

loriscangini
Administrator
Try to go to the advanced parameters of the skin modifier and uncheck "always deform" (or something similar), and try to do what you need to do.
After the edits, return to the "always deform" option and select it.

With some luck that can work!

Re: Translation of pose

Abdo
I see i will give it a try, but isn't that for 3ds max? If so, is there anything for blender?

Re: Translation of pose

loriscangini
Administrator
yes, it is for 3ds max, I don't know how to do with Blender

Re: Translation of pose

Edtion
Old post, but if you're still wondering, while I know practically nothing about Max/Maya, I can definitely help in Blender.

I don't really understand what you're trying to do, so you would have to explain it differently.

If you're using an armature to deform the mesh first, if you're problem is that you want to move a set of vertices without affecting any of the nearby ones, two things can be done (changed to fix problem)

1. Disable [Bind to: Bone Envelopes] in the mesh's modifiers; with this, vertices around the armature will generate automatic weights for ungrouped vertices.
2. Weight paint the vertices you're using, as strict as you want them to deform; i.e. if you have a red paint (max) and some yellow/blue (mid/none) targeted to a bone, some of it won't deform at all, giving you a gradual deformation.

If you're having some other problem, you would have to be more specific and/or give better images or a video demonstration or something.